I started creating websites way back in 1999, when the internet was still in its infancy, in the days of dialup connections and whizzy flash intro animations (yes, I admit, I made plenty of those at the time!).
A lot has changed since then and with over nineteen years of web design experience under my belt, I’m still designing for the web and making sure I keep up with the latest technologies.
Take a look at my CV below and if you like what you see, please get in touch.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- HMTL 5 (including Bootstrap)
- CSS, SASS and Responsive Web Design
- Graphic Design
- CMS and site integration using Concrete 5, WordPress, Big Commerce, Magento
- Implementation of JQuery Libraries and Scripts
- Google Analytics (Working Knowledge)
- SEO (Working Knowledge)
- Email Marketing
- Adobe CS - Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Animate CC (formerly Flash), Captivate, InDesign,
- Campaign Monitor, Mail Chimp, DocMail
- Project Management and workflow tools such as GitHub, Zendesk, JIRA, Microsoft CRM
- MS Office
- B.A(Hons) Industrial Design
Second Class Hons. First Division (2:1)
University of Hertfordshire (June 1997)
RECENT WORK EXPERIENCE & EMPLOYMENT
July 2018 - Present
Senior Web Design - Smart Domain Group, Chatham
My current role is for a web design and development company located in Medway focusing on producing websites for SME businesses.
- Producing concept and mock-up designs for new and existing website clients.
- Building them into the Smart Domain Group bespoke CMS.
- Utilising key design and layout skills with Adobe CS alongside front-end coding expertise in HTML 5, CSS, Bootstrap framework and JQuery, as well as some basic PHP.
- Ensure sites pass internal checks and W3C validation and google page speed is minimum 90% or higher.
- Provide site regular support updates via our client ticketing system.
- Meeting/liaising with clients to gain an initial brief of requirements and gather feedback from them directly as the project progresses.
- Work alongside team of SEO experts, developers and copywriters on multiple projects simultaneously with each site requiring a custom design and approach.
March - June 2018
Freelance Web Designer - A4G LLP, New Ash Green
In between employed positions, I worked on a freelance basis, for A4G LLP, a Kent-based Accountancy practice within their marketing department, on various digital marketing and website activities within the company.
September 2017 - January 2018
Web Designer - Saga Services Ltd.
Worked within the IT Department, alongside the web development and marketing teams at Saga to ensure all website pages, quote engine and campaign pages were kept up to date. Due to cutbacks across the whole group at the time, my position was made redundant.
- Re-brand areas of the website, following a new Saga logo.
- Wireframing and mockups for new campaign pages.
- Make relevant HTML, CSS (using less) and Jquery changes to existing C# and .net pages created by the developers using Visual Studio as a code editor.
- Mercurial source control software (similar to Git) used to avoid code conflicts with other on-going projects.
- Build applications using TeamCity software for testing and approval by relevant staff members.
August 2016 - August 2017
Freelance Web/Digital Designer - Snap Design Ltd, Owner
During this period I worked as a full-time freelancer under Snap Design, my own web and digital design business.
- Various websites and marketing materials for small SME’s, utilising Concrete 5 as the preferred CMS platform.
- Interactive training app for AstraZeneca, the UK Pharmaceutical company built with Adobe Captivate used by their sales staff to understand how to use their CRM software without the need for training from additional personnel.
November 2009 – July 2016
Senior Web Designer - Heliocentrix Limited (formerly Netsite)
My role at Netsite and subsequently Heliocentrix (who took over Netsite in 2015) focused on creating websites for a variety of corporate and SME clients. I was the primary influence in choosing Concrete 5 as the Company’s preferred Open Source Content Management System to replace their own CMS which had become outdated and they were no longer able to support.
- Design and build sites from the ground up, from initial Photoshop designs to coding entire sites and building into Content Management Systems such as Concrete 5 and other open-source applications.
- Producing designs and templates for their sister company, RecruitActive, a software application provider for corporate companies to manage their recruitment process. Clients included G4S, Alliance Healthcare and large UK organisations.
- Create internal marketing materials, flyers and stationery.
- Produce quotes, proposals and project manage clients.
- ‘Healthy Club’ for West Kent NHS – a social networking website built on the Social Engine application framework. The aim of the site; to encourage healthy lifestyles, based on the National ‘Change for Life’ campaign.
- Hospital Lane - a new website for leading Kent Dental & Implant Clinic featuring an image portfolio gallery built using IsotopeJquery package that could dynamically filter portfolio work by dentist or type of treatment.
January 2007 – November 2009
Adams Creative - Senior Web Designer
I worked within an integrated full-service marketing agency with a variety of clients and industries.
- Interactive flash and video website for Thomson Reuters.
- Promotional DVD for large Volvo Dealership.
- Design and build of corporate websites for banking and financial clients.
- Website design and build for Kings Ferry coach operator in Kent and part of National Express
November 2001 – December 2006
Frog Creation Ltd - Senior Web Designer
I was the lead designer working with a small team of developers on websites and bespoke applications.
- Pfizers UK website and other related Pfizer marketing sites.
August 2001 - October 2001
PB Group - Web Designer
Web/Multi-Media Designer at Print and Design Company.
May 2000 – June 2001
Raidnet Limited - Web Designer
- Creation of a pioneering, interactive touch screen Internet kiosk for Punch Taverns, installed in a number of pubs countrywide.
September 1999 – April 2000
Scarlet Internet Ltd - Web Designer
Recruited as the main designer for small web firm, creating sites for SME's.
January 1999 – September 1999
Canterbury City Council - Graphic Designer
- Re-design of the City Council logo.